Maryland Coalition of Families for Children’s Mental Health (MCF)
- 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD, United States Suite 234
- 410-730-8267 or 1-888-607-3637 and 410- 730-8331
Warning: file_get_contents(http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=39.2145853,-76.87162030000002): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/content/26/8389226/html/wp-content/themes/twentyten/single-directory-post.php on line 39
The Maryland Coalition of Families for Children’s Mental Health is a grassroots coalition of family and advocacy organizations dedicated to improving services for children with mental health needs and their families and building a network of information and support for families across Maryland. Visit our website to learn about Coalition initiatives and browse our online directory of resources. The Family Navigators Program: Family Navigators are not lawyers or therapists and do not provide legal representation or counseling. Navigators do not advise families on decisions pertaining to their children, but provide support and information to discuss options with families so they can make the best choices for their children. A Family Navigator can provide:
- Information, referral and linkage to appropriate services for your child
- One-to-one support and advocacy for your family
- Guidance in completing forms and applications for services
- Support at meetings related to your child, when possible
- Education on laws, policies and procedures to access services to your child
- Workshops to inform you and other families on services and ways to effectively advocate for your child.
Family Navigators also work in partnership with local agencies and participate on planning and advisory boards to provide a family perspective on policies and programs for children with special needs. Navigators make every effort to involve many families in leadership roles in their community.